Ludvig Wacker’s Pasta Bolognese:
This Bolognese sauce has been in my family for decades, maybe even centuries, however we’re regularly updating it. It’s the perfect sauce to go with your favourite pasta and you can be sure to have great legs the day after having this for dinner. The sauce also goes well with a nice glass of red wine (if you would like) and a side salad. Make sure to eat this before your next big competition and stay fuelled all day!
Ingredients (makes 7-10 portions):
For the Bolognese sauce:
- Minced beef 800 grams (I use 5-8 percent fat)
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste/puree
- 1 big onion
- 1 can of beans
- 1 can of tomatoes
- A few decilitres of white wine (optional, Veggie broth also works)
- Vegeta seasoning (if possible)
- (More vegetables and herbs, optional)
- Cut the onion fine, and fry it on a pan until golden, on medium/high heat in some olive oil
- Add the minced beef, and cut it into really small pieces using a wooden spoon in the pan, no big chunks.
- When there is no longer any water/fat left in the pan, add tomato paste
- Cook for 1-2 mins later then add the white wine
- Directly also add the canned beans and canned tomatoes
- Let it simmer, for as long as you want, on medium/low heat. The longer the better. Some water will disappear.
- When done, add oregano, vegeta, salt and pepper, all for taste. Add any additional herbs now too
- At this point the bolognese sauce is done, just let it simmer until eating time.
Boil the water, add salt and pasta. Cook it for as long as you prefer!