Pfeiffer Georgi’s Blueberry and lemon oat muffins:
These muffins have been one of my favourite quick bakes recently, and are ideal for a post-ride snack or just a yummy dessert! I find the combination of blueberry and lemon really refreshing, perfect for the sunny weather we’re having at the moment. They have been especially good during lockdown since I haven’t been able to get hold of any flour, so making my own oat flour is a great alternative.
- 175g Meester van de Halm oats
- 4 eggs
- 200g 0% fat Greek yoghurt/quark
- 100g honey
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 100g (frozen) blueberries
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Using a food processor, grind the oats until they become a fine powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the yoghurt, honey, lemon and vanilla extract and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold the oats and baking powder into the mixture, then stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 muffin/cupcake cases and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until they turn golden brown.
- Leave to cool then enjoy!