On Saturday, Liv Racing rode in northern France; on Monday, the purple UCI WorldTeam formation will be at the start of the AJ Bell Women’s Tour in Bicester, UK. Liv Racing’s selection for this six-day stage race consists of: Sofia Bertizzolo, Alison Jackson, Jeanne Korevaar, Evy Kuijpers and Soraya Paladin.
Sofia Bertizzolo is one of two fresh forces in the team compared to Paris-Roubaix. “I don’t have a lot of experience in the Women’s Tour. It’s only the second time I’ve ridden it. The memory of the first time, a few years ago, is not good. I was involved in a massive crash and had to abandon the race,” Bertizzolo said.
“I have studied the course and expect a very attacking race. The stage profiles don’t seem too difficult, so the attack might be worth it for those who are aiming for the general classification. The time trial could also be decisive for the general classification. I expect a fast race where everyone is sharp. The latter certainly applies to me. The last few weeks I have not ridden any races. But I’ve had good quality training sessions and I’m fresh and ready to go.”
- Monday 4 October: Bicester – Banbury (147.7 kilometres)
- Tuesday 5 October: Walsall – Walsall (102.2 kilometres)
- Wednesday 6 October: Atherstone – Atherstone (individual time trial – 16.6 kilometres)
- Thursday 7 October: Shoeburyness – Southend-on-Sea (117.8 kilometres)
- Friday 8 October: Colchester – Clacton (95.4 kilometres)
- Saturday 9 October: Haverhill – Felixstowe (155.3 kilometres)
Photo credits: Cor Vos