Carrot Cake Bites:
This recipe is often used by our chefs during the team camps. We will usually have this tasty snack during or after a ride.
- 50g of Crunchy Tropical Fruit from Meesters van de Halm (crunchy muesli)
- 50g of Haverlokken from Meesters van de Halm (rolled oats)
- 100g of shredded carrots
- 50g of pecans
- 5 medjool dates
- 25g of your favourite nut butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 25g of shredded coconut
- Mixing bowl
- Food processor
- Finely chop the carrots into the food processor. Transfer it to the mixing bowl.
- Chop pecans and cereals into a sandy texture.
- Add dates. Once they are blended into the mix, you can add the nut butter and spices.
- Once blended into a doughy texture, you can form bite-sized balls.
- Place the shredded coconut in your mixing bowl and roll to coat all your carrot cake balls.
- There should be enough to make roughly 15 balls.
- Once they are prepared, they can be kept in the fridge for about 10 days in a container.
Tip: you can also use different coating, like cocoa powder!
|1/15 of the carrot cake bites|
|Energy (Kcal)||85 kcal|